The Shamshir originated in Persia and spread throughout the former Ottoman Empire and beyond into India and even the Philippines. Its strongly curved blade was enduringly popular and absolutely ideal for delivering a devastating cutting stroke. And, contrary to popular belief, it was very effective at delivering rising, descending and hooking style thrusts!
Typically, the curved Shamshir blade had a narrow cross section and a sharp point. It had a simple brass or steel crossbar hilt and an equally straightforward handle made from wood or animal horn that terminated in a distinctively bulbous pommel. This pommel was offset slightly to help the hand resist centrifugal force when making a hard cutting stroke.
The Cold Steel version of this historic saber replicates the original as closely as possible. The only modifications were to substitute a modern high carbon steel for the blade and to use black faux buffalo horn for the handle. Even the scabbard is a close copy of the original. It's made of thick, black leather (so it won't dull the blade) and reinforced by a brass throat and chape, and comes complete with dual suspension rings.
||The Early Modern World (1500 - 1775)
||Talwar & Shamshir
|Specific Steel Type
||30.08oz (852.8 grams)
Our Lowest Price Guarantee
At BA Blades we're passionate about knives and everything-else sharp! We strive to bring our customers the best knives from the best brands from around the world. This means ensuring that our customers always get value for money when buying from us.
We appreciate the frustration of buying a knife, axe, machete (or anything else for that matter) and then finding it cheaper elsewhere, so you'll be pleased to know that we've got you covered when you buy from us.
If you buy any product from us and then later discover a lower price, please let us know within 7 days and we'll refund the difference to you. It's that easy.
Terms & Conditions
- You must notify us by email email@example.com within 7 days of receiving your goods
- We can only refund the difference on a like-for-like basis. i.e. the exact same product sent on a next-day delivery service
- The best price guarantee only applies to advertised prices. i.e. no verbal deals can be honoured
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Lowest Price Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you
Returns Policy from BA Blades
We want you to be 100% happy with your purchase. If this is not the case, please feel free to return your purchase.
- You must inform us of any returns within 14 days. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You then have a further 14 days in which you have to return your purchase
- We do not operate a free returns service. For a straight-forward return. You have 2 options:
- We can provide you with a returns label. The cost for this is £9.95.
- You can send the parcel back under your own steam. You may have access to a shipping account with work, or you can search for a cheaper alternative online.
- Products must be returned:
- In the original packaging, including the product packaging and the shipping packaging.
- Unused. Products not returned in as-new condition will be returned to you at your expense.
- If the product is faulty, then contact us for information on how to return your product.
Remote Area Surcharges apply for Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, Highlands & Islands of Scotland and the Channel Islands. Contact us for more information.
Returns policy last updated 18th August 2020.