The Thompson Saber is not a historical or period-specific sword, rather it is a newly developed, thoroughly modern saber.
Designed by Cold Steel President Lynn C Thompson, and bearing his name, the Thompson Saber was created to Lynn's exact specifications.
Having studied and trained in Western, Japanese and Filipino arts for decades, Lynn has sparred with everything from short lightweight machetes to two handed broadswords. The Thompson Saber combines all of Lynn's favorite traits from a wide range of sources.
Its ground to his exact specifications; hair shaving sharp for the first six inches from the point, then gradually less sharp down through the rest of the blade, leaving enough material to block, parry and even bludgeon an opponent's blade. Its deeply blued to aid in rust resistance.
It has a modified 1904 Saber guard, offering amazing hand protection and a sizeable ray skin wrapped handle that will accommodate even big modern fencer's gloves.
Thompson designed this sword to be able to make deep cuts even with a flick of the wrist, and it makes monstrous cuts when "drawn" through the target. If you study bladed arts and appreciate the potential of the sword, you're sure love this saber!"
The Thompson Saber comes complete with a heavy duty thick leather and steel scabbard with a leather belt frog for ease of carry.
||The Modern World (1900 Onwards)
||Cutlass & Sabres
||Carbon Steel Blade
|Specific Steel Type
||33.8oz (958.2 grams)
Our Lowest Price Guarantee
At BA Blades we're passionate about knives and everything-else sharp! We strive to bring our customers the best knives from the best brands from around the world. This means ensuring that our customers always get value for money when buying from us.
We appreciate the frustration of buying a knife, axe, machete (or anything else for that matter) and then finding it cheaper elsewhere, so you'll be pleased to know that we've got you covered when you buy from us.
If you buy any product from us and then later discover a lower price, please let us know within 7 days and we'll refund the difference to you. It's that easy.
Terms & Conditions
- You must notify us by email email@example.com within 7 days of receiving your goods
- We can only refund the difference on a like-for-like basis. i.e. the exact same product sent on a next-day delivery service
- The best price guarantee only applies to advertised prices. i.e. no verbal deals can be honoured
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Lowest Price Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you
Free Returns Policy from BA Blades (UK Only)
Here at BA Blades we want you to be completely satisfied with everything you purchase. If you're not happy with anything, for any reason, then all you have to do is return it within 30 days for a full refund. Please note the product must be unused and in its original packaging.
Here's how the Free returns work:
- Contact us with your order details to receive an RMA number. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by ringing 0161 785 8073 Option 1
- We'll either email you a Parcel Force shipping label OR send you a pre-paid envelope (depending on what the product is)
- You then parcel the product up and attach the shipping label or pop the product in the pre-paid envelope
- Drop it off at your local post office
- The parcel is then returned to us at no cost to yourself
- As soon as we receive the parcel back we issue you with a full refund
Your statutory rights are not affected. All of our products carry a minimum 12-month warranty against manufacturer's defects.