The Bushman has been a mainstay of the Cold Steel line for more than a decade now. It's an economically simple design, with winning features like strength, versatility, and an affordable price. It's practically perfect! So, rather than upstage the Bushman, Cold Steelcreated a complement to it, a version small enough to carry with you everywhere you go. The Pocket Bushman.
While it's physically impossible for any folding knife to ever match the strength and rigidity of a fixed blade, Cold Steel believes the Pocket Bushman, with its patent pending lock, is close to hitting the mark. The blade is long and wide with a short, sharp, clip point for usefulness and versatility. And it's hollow ground from top to bottom with just enough belly to be useful for all sorts of tasks.
The handle has a mono block construction method famously used in the French Douk Douk line of knives. There are several advantages to using the mono block. It's simple to mass-produce, and, since there are no liners, handle scales or back spacers, the end result is quite affordable. A single sheet of stainless steel is folded in half to form a housing for the closed blade, as well as supplying the enormous strength and rigidity required to complement the Ram Safe lock.
Andrew Demko designed the Ram Safe lock to work in tandem with the mono block handle. It features a unique, self adjusting ram that moves forward as the knife is opened and wedges itself tightly between the tang cut away we call the "shelf" and the "U" shaped "roof" of the handle. It's powered by a strong compression spring that urges the ram forward and makes for an incredibly strong lock up. Positive pressure on the lock generated by heavy cutting or chopping strokes is distributed through the blade, then the blade tang shoulder and finally directly into the mono block handle that acts like a giant unbreakable stop pin. Negative pressure from sticking, digging or prying with the point is directed in a different direction through the blade to the blade tang shelf and then to the ram which is squeezed between the shelf and the "U" shaped roof of the handle. Negative pressure easily defeats the vast majority of lock mechanisms. The only way the Ram Safe lock can be overcome is if the blade breaks or if the pivot pin is sheared off. Two situations that are highly improbable.
Cold Steel Pocket Bushman Specifications
|Adv. Blade Material
Our Lowest Price Guarantee
At BA Blades we're passionate about knives and everything-else sharp! We strive to bring our customers the best knives from the best brands from around the world. This means ensuring that our customers always get value for money when buying from us.
We appreciate the frustration of buying a knife, axe, machete (or anything else for that matter) and then finding it cheaper elsewhere, so you'll be pleased to know that we've got you covered when you buy from us.
If you buy any product from us and then later discover a lower price, please let us know within 7 days and we'll refund the difference to you. It's that easy.
Terms & Conditions
- You must notify us by email firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of receiving your goods
- We can only refund the difference on a like-for-like basis. i.e. the exact same product sent on a next-day delivery service
- The best price guarantee only applies to advertised prices. i.e. no verbal deals can be honoured
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Lowest Price Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you
Free Returns Policy from BA Blades (UK Only)
Here at BA Blades we want you to be completely satisfied with everything you purchase. If you're not happy with anything, for any reason, then all you have to do is return it within 30 days for a full refund. Please note the product must be unused and in its original packaging.
Here's how the Free returns work:
- Contact us with your order details to receive an RMA number. You can contact us at email@example.com or by ringing 0161 785 8073 Option 1
- We'll either email you a Parcel Force shipping label OR send you a pre-paid envelope (depending on what the product is)
- You then parcel the product up and attach the shipping label or pop the product in the pre-paid envelope
- Drop it off at your local post office
- The parcel is then returned to us at no cost to yourself
- As soon as we receive the parcel back we issue you with a full refund
Your statutory rights are not affected. All of our products carry a minimum 12-month warranty against manufacturer's defects.