For over a century, most of the Western world has remained convinced that a point-oriented, thrusting sword is superior to an edge-oriented cutting sword. There are, however, a series of books by D.A. Kinsley that cast a skeptical light on this running debate. Kinsley recounts numerous incidents (collected form battlefields throughout the British Empire) where cutting swords proved equal, if not superior, to thrusting swords in deciding the outcome of a skirmish.
Cold Steel President, Lynn C. Thompson, was encouraged by Mr. Kinsley's ideas and after considering all the evidence decided to produce one of the best cutting swords ever devised: The Indian Talwar.
Taking a cue from the most experienced Indian Swordsmen of the past, and the Pindari chief of old, Amir Khan, Lynn has combined a strongly curved British Light Cavalry blade with its distinctive hatchet point (wider near the tip than the forté) with a traditionally styled Indian hilt.
The blade is hand forged from tough 1055 Carbon steel and features a broad fuller and a sharp edge. The hilt is equally well made. Fashioned from brass with an intricately decorated surface, it offers short, thick quillons, a single knuckle bow and the traditional dish shaped pommel to lock in your hand.
Supplied with an excellent scabbard made of wood covered in black leather and capped at either end with a thick brass throat and chape, our Indian Talwar is a effective cutting sword.
||The Early Modern World (1500 - 1775)
||Talwar & Shamshir
||Carbon Steel Blade
|Specific Steel Type
||47.6oz (1,349.4 grams)
Our Lowest Price Guarantee
At BA Blades we're passionate about knives and everything-else sharp! We strive to bring our customers the best knives from the best brands from around the world. This means ensuring that our customers always get value for money when buying from us.
We appreciate the frustration of buying a knife, axe, machete (or anything else for that matter) and then finding it cheaper elsewhere, so you'll be pleased to know that we've got you covered when you buy from us.
If you buy any product from us and then later discover a lower price, please let us know within 7 days and we'll refund the difference to you. It's that easy.
Terms & Conditions
- You must notify us by email firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of receiving your goods
- We can only refund the difference on a like-for-like basis. i.e. the exact same product sent on a next-day delivery service
- The best price guarantee only applies to advertised prices. i.e. no verbal deals can be honoured
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Lowest Price Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you
Free Returns Policy from BA Blades (UK Only)
Here at BA Blades we want you to be completely satisfied with everything you purchase. If you're not happy with anything, for any reason, then all you have to do is return it within 30 days for a full refund. Please note the product must be unused and in its original packaging.
Here's how the Free returns work:
- Contact us with your order details to receive an RMA number. You can contact us at email@example.com or by ringing 0161 785 8073 Option 1
- We'll either email you a Parcel Force shipping label OR send you a pre-paid envelope (depending on what the product is)
- You then parcel the product up and attach the shipping label or pop the product in the pre-paid envelope
- Drop it off at your local post office
- The parcel is then returned to us at no cost to yourself
- As soon as we receive the parcel back we issue you with a full refund
Your statutory rights are not affected. All of our products carry a minimum 12-month warranty against manufacturer's defects.