No one knows when the ball headed war club first appeared. It was in common use in the early 16th century and was popular with the war-like tribes of the American eastern seaboard, eventually spreading to the Great Lakes region and northern Canada all the way to the Great Plains west of the Mississippi.
It has been speculated that the wide adoption of this weapon was because it was relatively easy to manufacture, in that it required little or no metal, and because it was unspeakably effective.
The better clubs were carved from a naturally curved hardwood root burl, sapling or tree branch. This insured that the wood grain would curve in parallel lines though the handle and into the ball itself, avoiding the pitfalls of cross grain which could weaken the club and cause it to break at an ill-timed moment. Hornbeam (Iron Wood), a hard dense timber that was strong and was resistant to impact forces, was the most preferred material, even over such stalwart choices as Ash, Maple, Oak and Hickory.
In battle, a dedicated blow from the ball of the club could easily break a limb or crush a skull like a bat going through a watermelon. For added dynamism, and increased effectiveness, the ball was sometimes spiked with an antler, bone, knapped stone, or even iron.
Cold Steel president, Lynn C. Thompson, is an admirer of the ball headed club (especially after watching Last of the Mohicans about a dozen times) and when he saw an example made by custom blade smith Rich McDonald, he jumped at the chance to work with Rich to reproduce it.
Our version is approximately 2 ft. long and features a 3 1/4 in diameter ball. It is fitted with a removable blunt, short steel spike. Hornbeam is scarce and not readily available in commercial quantities, so our club is injection molded out of black Polypropylene which is practically unbreakable. It will never rot, crack warp, splinter, swell, shrink mildew, or fade. For historical re-enactors the surface has a realistic wood grain finish that can be easily customized with paint and can be ornamented with brass studs, tacks, or feathers.
Our Lowest Price Guarantee
At BA Blades we're passionate about knives and everything-else sharp! We strive to bring our customers the best knives from the best brands from around the world. This means ensuring that our customers always get value for money when buying from us.
We appreciate the frustration of buying a knife, axe, machete (or anything else for that matter) and then finding it cheaper elsewhere, so you'll be pleased to know that we've got you covered when you buy from us.
If you buy any product from us and then later discover a lower price, please let us know within 7 days and we'll refund the difference to you. It's that easy.
Terms & Conditions
- You must notify us by email firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of receiving your goods
- We can only refund the difference on a like-for-like basis. i.e. the exact same product sent on a next-day delivery service
- The best price guarantee only applies to advertised prices. i.e. no verbal deals can be honoured
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Lowest Price Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you
Returns Policy from BA Blades
We want you to be 100% happy with your purchase. If this is not the case, please feel free to return your purchase.
- You must inform us of any returns within 14 days. You can do this by emailing email@example.com
- You then have a further 14 days in which you have to return your purchase
- We do not operate a free returns service. For a straight-forward return. You have 2 options:
- We can provide you with a returns label. The cost for this is £9.95.
- You can send the parcel back under your own steam. You may have access to a shipping account with work, or you can search for a cheaper alternative online.
- Products must be returned:
- In the original packaging, including the product packaging and the shipping packaging.
- Unused; obviously you can take the product out to examine it. But products not in as-new condition will be returned to you at your expense.
- If the product is faulty, then contact us for information on how to return your product.
Remote Area Surcharges apply for Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, Highlands & Islands of Scotland and the Channel Islands. Contact us for more information.
Returns policy last updated 15th June 2020.