"The Kaze (Wind) is the result of many popular requests for a clay tempered (hardened) blade using our 9260 Silicon Alloy Spring Steel. The blade body of the Kaze is a hand clayed and differentially heat treated 9260 silicon carbon spring steel. It is finished with a replica of an antique blackened cast steel tsuba submitted to us. This steel is stronger than our Kanbai katana, but does not have the same resiliency of the through hardened 9260. The gain from the clay hardening is that the blade has a smooth and elegant natural hamon (9260 does not generate the same hamon as the Kanbai katana).The natural hamon on the Kaze is more defined than those on the Kanbai katana. This is due to 2 factors: 9260 reacts to clay hardening differently than 1045... There are less activities on the border of the hamon, but a more distinct pooling of the nie crystal, making for a cleaner, better defined hamon line. Secondly, the kaze has an ever-so-slightly better polish for the purpose of bringing out the natural hamon."
Our Lowest Price Guarantee
At BA Blades we're passionate about knives and everything-else sharp! We strive to bring our customers the best knives from the best brands from around the world. This means ensuring that our customers always get value for money when buying from us.
We appreciate the frustration of buying a knife, axe, machete (or anything else for that matter) and then finding it cheaper elsewhere, so you'll be pleased to know that we've got you covered when you buy from us.
If you buy any product from us and then later discover a lower price, please let us know within 7 days and we'll refund the difference to you. It's that easy.
Terms & Conditions
- You must notify us by email email@example.com within 7 days of receiving your goods
- We can only refund the difference on a like-for-like basis. i.e. the exact same product sent on a next-day delivery service
- The best price guarantee only applies to advertised prices. i.e. no verbal deals can be honoured
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Lowest Price Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you
Free Returns Policy from BA Blades (UK Only)
Here at BA Blades we want you to be completely satisfied with everything you purchase. If you're not happy with anything, for any reason, then all you have to do is return it within 30 days for a full refund. Please note the product must be unused and in its original packaging.
Here's how the Free returns work:
- Contact us with your order details to receive an RMA number. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by ringing 0161 785 8073 Option 1
- We'll either email you a Parcel Force shipping label OR send you a pre-paid envelope (depending on what the product is)
- You then parcel the product up and attach the shipping label or pop the product in the pre-paid envelope
- Drop it off at your local post office
- The parcel is then returned to us at no cost to yourself
- As soon as we receive the parcel back we issue you with a full refund
Your statutory rights are not affected. All of our products carry a minimum 12-month warranty against manufacturer's defects.