As many of you know, I am not enamored with the oft repeated saying: "If you get in a knife fight, expect to be cut." The reason is that this saying condemns even the highly skilled knife fighter to be wounded, disfigured, disabled or even killed if ever forced to put his training with a blade to the test. This is why for the past ten years, I have spent an enormous amount of time in full contact sparring with my training partners to develop a knife fighting method that allows the properly trained fighter to vanquish his enemy with minimal risk of being cut or stabbed in the process. During this developmental period I have borrowed heavily from Western Fencing, and Filipino Martial Arts, including Lameco Escrima, Japanese Ken Jitsu, and Western Boxing as well. I have even added techniques and methods that are entirely my own.
The result of this effort is a knife fighting method which stresses the avoidance of close range in favor of long range techniques aided by footwork, rhythm, timing, speed and superior tactics and strategy. Recognizing that many of my customers can't attend our seminars on this subject, I have condensed our basic course onto 3 DVD's so you can now study, and train in the comfort and convenience of your own home. What's more, I guarantee that if you study them faithfully and practice diligently with a training partner you will gain the skill and ability necessary to give you a huge advantage if ever forced to defend your life or a loved one's with a fighting knife.
-Lynn C. Thompson, President, Cold Steel, Inc.
THE WARRIOR'S EDGE DISC CONTENTS
Disc One: 1 hour 52 minutes
Volume 1,Introduction to Long Range Knife Fighting:
Subjects covered will be three ranges of knife fighting, and the types of knives you may encounter and demonstrations of their cutting and piercing power. Other topics include, how knives may concealed, how to make a Cold Steel® style training knife, why your knife must be strong and sharp, and how to grip the fighting knife.
Volume 2, On Guard Stance & Footwork:
This tape teaches the clock concept, our basic on guard stance, common mistakes made in assuming the fighting stance, and footwork, including forward, backward, lateral, diagonal, and circular movement as well as the replacement step, lunge, flechè and leaping attack. This is an absolute must have DVD as there are no knife fighters of any consequence out there who dont possess superior footwork.
Disc Two: 3 hours 18 minutes
Volume 3, Thrusts & Slashes:
How to use the point of your fighting knife to execute the rake, speed jab, power stab, and épée thrust as well as elliptical and circular stabbing methods. Also taught on this volume will be how to use the edge of your knife to slash cut, chop, hack, snap cut and vertical whip as well as the 12 angles of attack.
Volume 4, Defense:
How to use defensive footwork, defend against attacks on your knife hand, evasion patterns and techniques, parrying, stop hitting, counter slashing and stabbing and blocking with your knife edge. Also taught will be the use of the empty hand to stop-hit, beat, parry, block, tap, and chop with, and the concept of Mai, or judging distance will be covered.
Disc Three: 1 hour 55 minutes
Volume 5, Offense:
How to recognize and exploit the 21 common openings or weaknesses in your opponents defense.The five principles in creating openings and the 11 pillars of strategy.
Volume 6, Training Drills and Sparring:
How to perform training drills that will develop the skills and attributes you need before proceeding to spar. Also actual sparring instruction and demonstrations.
Our Lowest Price Guarantee
At BA Blades we're passionate about knives and everything-else sharp! We strive to bring our customers the best knives from the best brands from around the world. This means ensuring that our customers always get value for money when buying from us.
We appreciate the frustration of buying a knife, axe, machete (or anything else for that matter) and then finding it cheaper elsewhere, so you'll be pleased to know that we've got you covered when you buy from us.
If you buy any product from us and then later discover a lower price, please let us know within 7 days and we'll refund the difference to you. It's that easy.
Terms & Conditions
- You must notify us by email email@example.com within 7 days of receiving your goods
- We can only refund the difference on a like-for-like basis. i.e. the exact same product sent on a next-day delivery service
- The best price guarantee only applies to advertised prices. i.e. no verbal deals can be honoured
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Lowest Price Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you
Returns Policy from BA Blades
We want you to be 100% happy with your purchase. If this is not the case, please feel free to return your purchase.
- You must inform us of any returns within 14 days. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You then have a further 14 days in which you have to return your purchase
- We do not operate a free returns service. For a straight-forward return. You have 2 options:
- We can provide you with a returns label. The cost for this is £9.95.
- You can send the parcel back under your own steam. You may have access to a shipping account with work, or you can search for a cheaper alternative online.
- Products must be returned:
- In the original packaging, including the product packaging and the shipping packaging.
- Unused; obviously you can take the product out to examine it. But products not in as-new condition will be returned to you at your expense.
- If the product is faulty, then contact us for information on how to return your product.
Remote Area Surcharges apply for Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, Highlands & Islands of Scotland and the Channel Islands. Contact us for more information.
Returns policy last updated 15th June 2020.