Fighting with the Saber and Cutlass is really not for people who are only interested in gaining dexterity in sport fencing or the learning the superficial choreographic techniques used for stage and screen. There are plenty of resources available on the market for learning those skills. This DVD set is designed as a serious, straightforward, and focused course that deals solely with the combative use of the saber and cutlass.
The series begins by illustrating how to properly oppose an opponent who is armed with a weapon that is similar to your own. This is the best way to build the necessary foundation of skills, techniques, and eye-hand coordination that will allow you to oppose a wide spectrum of adversaries who are armed with all kinds of street weapons.
After learning and refining your basic skills you will be ready to progress to the seldom taught subjects of infighting, grappling, and brawling with a saber. There is even a section on how to throw a saber with great effect.
* Gripping Methods
* Ready Stance or On Guard Position
* Footwork Methods
* Fighting Ranges
* Seven Primary Cutting Methods
* Five Primary Thrusting Methods
* 8 Essential Parries
* Cut, Thrust, and Parry Drills
* Combat Strategy
* How to Recognize and Create Openings
* Throwing the Saber or Cutlass
||6.72oz (190.5 grams)
Our Lowest Price Guarantee
At BA Blades we're passionate about knives and everything-else sharp! We strive to bring our customers the best knives from the best brands from around the world. This means ensuring that our customers always get value for money when buying from us.
We appreciate the frustration of buying a knife, axe, machete (or anything else for that matter) and then finding it cheaper elsewhere, so you'll be pleased to know that we've got you covered when you buy from us.
If you buy any product from us and then later discover a lower price, please let us know within 7 days and we'll refund the difference to you. It's that easy.
Terms & Conditions
- You must notify us by email firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of receiving your goods
- We can only refund the difference on a like-for-like basis. i.e. the exact same product sent on a next-day delivery service
- The best price guarantee only applies to advertised prices. i.e. no verbal deals can be honoured
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Lowest Price Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you
Free Returns Policy from BA Blades (UK Only)
Here at BA Blades we want you to be completely satisfied with everything you purchase. If you're not happy with anything, for any reason, then all you have to do is return it within 30 days for a full refund. Please note the product must be unused and in its original packaging.
Here's how the Free returns work:
- Contact us with your order details to receive an RMA number. You can contact us at email@example.com or by ringing 0161 785 8073 Option 1
- We'll either email you a Parcel Force shipping label OR send you a pre-paid envelope (depending on what the product is)
- You then parcel the product up and attach the shipping label or pop the product in the pre-paid envelope
- Drop it off at your local post office
- The parcel is then returned to us at no cost to yourself
- As soon as we receive the parcel back we issue you with a full refund
Your statutory rights are not affected. All of our products carry a minimum 12-month warranty against manufacturer's defects.