The classic Japanese sword in all its incarnations has been celebrated for centuries, not only for its elegant lines and simple beauty, but also for the technique and skill that went into its construction.
Most swords offered today are interpretive copies of antiquities from feudal Japan.
As a way of compensating for this size disparity, Cold Steel has created the Dragonfly Series. These swords feature thicker, wider and heavier blades, which mirror our Emperor Series in respect to heat treatment, polish, quality of furnishings, and attention to detail, but with a few new departures.
Most noticeable are the distinctive teal-green silk cord-wrap and black samé (ray skin) used on the handles and the black iron furniture that bears the dragonfly motif. Also, the polished blades are more strongly curved than our Emperor blades and terminate in a long "iris leaf" point for maximum potential. Additionally, these swords come with two protective bags. There is a BLUE TRAVEL BAG and an intricately decorative display bag that's made from the finest heavy silk metallic brocade.
||The Middle Ages (1000 - 1500)
||Carbon Steel Blade
|Specific Steel Type
||27.4oz (776.8 grams)
Our Lowest Price Guarantee
At BA Blades we're passionate about knives and everything-else sharp! We strive to bring our customers the best knives from the best brands from around the world. This means ensuring that our customers always get value for money when buying from us.
We appreciate the frustration of buying a knife, axe, machete (or anything else for that matter) and then finding it cheaper elsewhere, so you'll be pleased to know that we've got you covered when you buy from us.
If you buy any product from us and then later discover a lower price, please let us know within 7 days and we'll refund the difference to you. It's that easy.
Terms & Conditions
- You must notify us by email firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of receiving your goods
- We can only refund the difference on a like-for-like basis. i.e. the exact same product sent on a next-day delivery service
- The best price guarantee only applies to advertised prices. i.e. no verbal deals can be honoured
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Lowest Price Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you
Free Returns Policy from BA Blades (UK Only)
Here at BA Blades we want you to be completely satisfied with everything you purchase. If you're not happy with anything, for any reason, then all you have to do is return it within 30 days for a full refund. Please note the product must be unused and in its original packaging.
Here's how the Free returns work:
- Contact us with your order details to receive an RMA number. You can contact us at email@example.com or by ringing 0161 785 8073 Option 1
- We'll either email you a Parcel Force shipping label OR send you a pre-paid envelope (depending on what the product is)
- You then parcel the product up and attach the shipping label or pop the product in the pre-paid envelope
- Drop it off at your local post office
- The parcel is then returned to us at no cost to yourself
- As soon as we receive the parcel back we issue you with a full refund
Your statutory rights are not affected. All of our products carry a minimum 12-month warranty against manufacturer's defects.