Cold Steel company President Lynn C Thompson drew upon his vast experience to combine the finest attributes of several different swords to make an entirely new, and unbelievably potent blade that they have dubbed the Hybrid Cutlass.
Lynn has been training with master swordsmen Ron Balicki, Luke LaFontaine and Anthony DeLongis for many years, and ever since the year 2000 they have trained exclusively full-contact with aluminum and steel blades and minimal protection! This incredible training has served to not only vastly expand their knowledge but it has kept them honest.
Understandably, as this training regime progressed, the fighters began to favor swords with greater reach, greater fluidity and range of motion, and with greater hand protection! It was during this "sparring out" stage that Lynn began to customize and improvise with his most favored swords - the 1904 Austrian Saber and the 1917 Cutlass.
The Saber provided almost unparalleled hand protection with minimal bulk, whereas the Cutlass was an excellent tool, lightweight, maneuverable but still more than capable.
By combining the best features of these two swords Lynn began to create the first design evolution of the Hybrid Cutlass - a truly modern sword.
The Hybrid Cutlass features a short, stiff, razor sharp and beautifully blued blade which is both fast and fluid in the hand. It's perfectly designed guard has a sturdy reinforced rolled edge for added strength and hand protection while still being small enough to lie comfortably at your side without ever being cumbersome or unwieldy.
Similar in size to many of the "tactical" swords offered by our competitors while being vastly more capable and versatile.
||33.1oz (938.4 grams)
Our Lowest Price Guarantee
At BA Blades we're passionate about knives and everything-else sharp! We strive to bring our customers the best knives from the best brands from around the world. This means ensuring that our customers always get value for money when buying from us.
We appreciate the frustration of buying a knife, axe, machete (or anything else for that matter) and then finding it cheaper elsewhere, so you'll be pleased to know that we've got you covered when you buy from us.
If you buy any product from us and then later discover a lower price, please let us know within 7 days and we'll refund the difference to you. It's that easy.
Terms & Conditions
- You must notify us by email email@example.com within 7 days of receiving your goods
- We can only refund the difference on a like-for-like basis. i.e. the exact same product sent on a next-day delivery service
- The best price guarantee only applies to advertised prices. i.e. no verbal deals can be honoured
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Lowest Price Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you
Free Returns Policy from BA Blades (UK Only)
Here at BA Blades we want you to be completely satisfied with everything you purchase. If you're not happy with anything, for any reason, then all you have to do is return it within 30 days for a full refund. Please note the product must be unused and in its original packaging.
Here's how the Free returns work:
- Contact us with your order details to receive an RMA number. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by ringing 0161 785 8073 Option 1
- We'll either email you a Parcel Force shipping label OR send you a pre-paid envelope (depending on what the product is)
- You then parcel the product up and attach the shipping label or pop the product in the pre-paid envelope
- Drop it off at your local post office
- The parcel is then returned to us at no cost to yourself
- As soon as we receive the parcel back we issue you with a full refund
Your statutory rights are not affected. All of our products carry a minimum 12-month warranty against manufacturer's defects.